Monday, June 13, 2011

I am back! For real this time!

There is no point excusing my absence. I have had much on my mind and though it is better to express those things I held them inside.Now I'm in a better mind space and ready to let it all out. I have been trying to focus on my songwriting but life has gotten in the way and I haven't been able to allow myself the time to dedicate to writing. I'm always trying to make myself a better person. So during this time that I've been away I have been trying to work on myself spiritually. So I will explain what I've been doing since I obviously haven't been writing.



PhotobucketAs it says it's a course in not only discovering your creativity but also helps recovering your creativity. I originally heard about the "morning pages" on a video I saw on YouTube. So after hearing about the pages I started doing them. Then the next week I decided to get the book to see what other ideas were in it to help my creativity. This book is amazing. This is a 12 week course and I stopped at week 9, because I just had so many thing going on. Even though I have temporarily taken a break from the course I still do my morning pages and I intend on starting the course again eventually. The author Julia Cameron also has 2 more books that go along with this course as well. I will definitely be getting those when I finish the book. For more books I've been reading you can check out my profile for Good Reads in the the links on the right side of the blog.---->



So next is what I've been doing with my hair since that was the original purpose of the blog. I haven't done anything special to be honest. At first I did a wash and go everyday. Now I am way to lazy to wash my hair everyday. My hair has grown a lot despite my profile picture I have cut my hair twice. I'm going to hold off on doing that for now. I have crazy shrinkage so my hair shrinks up and looks 20x shorter then it actually is. All I've been doing lately are twist outs. I was supposed to twist my hair today, I don't feel like it so i may actually do a wash and go tomorrow. Hopefully I get to leave work early tomorrow and twist it then. The thing I love about twists outs are I only have to do my hair once a week. That way when I get up in the morning all I have to do is maybe wet my hair and shake it and go. I have tried the oh so famous Kinky Curly.



Photobucket

I've tried everything except the Gloss Pomade. I like the products. The only problems I have is for my hair it is time consuming. Not only that the products are expensive and not widely available. Not only do I have to pay an arm and a leg for the products I have to drive all the way on the opposite side of town. As far as the custard it smell soooooo good like candy and cake. I experimented once and used the shampoo and the conditioner, but instead of using the curling custard I used this:
PhotobucketSo instead of paying $16 on a 8oz jar of curling custard you can get 32oz of this for under $5. Another good thing about Kinky Curly is that they are cruelty free and organic. So of course organic products and foods are more expensive. There is so much irony in the fact that you have to pay more for organic(products without chemicals) as compared to products that are not organic(products that have chemicals and pesticides). I may no buy anymore of the curling custard but I love the conditioner. I can do without the shampoo but I will most likely buy it again.


I think it's best to end this post here. I have soo much more to say but I need to save some for later post (like a haul from the NYX Anniversary sale last month)! As always peace love and blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment