Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The day I have been waiting for...

So I finally had my clarifying wash last night. I was supposed to do it Monday, but work got in the way of that. On top of that I was asked to come in the first thing the next morning. So when I did finally come home I went straight to bed.
So anyway let me get back to last night. After I ran some errands around 5 I applied my Burt Bee's Pre-Shampoo Treatment. I left that on until about 11:30. After I rinsed that out I shampooed with my Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying shampoo. I washed with that twice. First time I just washed my hair all together. The second time I parted my hair in to 4 sections and left it on for about 3 minutes. When I washed that out I applied my Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle deep conditioner. Left that on for about 3 minutes. Then rinsed it out. I towel dried my hair and applied my leave ins(Elasta Qp H2 & Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer).
By the way I forgot to mention in my last post that I joined the Castor Oil Challenge at Hairlista. I'm starting off at the Basic Level and I'm going to try to work my way up to Advanced or Ultimate. Only thing is I don't know if I want to really wash my hair 3 times a week. Since I had intended to use castor oil eventually I went to Sally's when I first started my Healthy Hair Journey and picked up an applicator bottle. So despite all the castor oil application horror stories I've heard mine was a breeze. I love how soft my new growth is. I definitely may make the castor oil a staple.
That being said after this wash I'm in love with not only the castor oil, but with the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. Not only does my relaxed ends look good my new growth isn't feeling as rough as it usually does. This also could be contributed to the clarifying of my hair. None the less I'm am extremely happy with the results of last night.

Originally I was supposed to start using my Wild Growth Oil after I clarified my hair. Since I decided to join the castor oil challenge I'm unsure at the moment how to incorporate the WGO into my regimen. I may just mix it in with the castor oil and call it a day.
I'm also thinking about getting my hair braided. I planned to do that at the beginning of the summer but never got around to it. For some reason with my bantu knot outs and my braid outs my hair is starting to get tangled quite a bit. So I'm getting quite a bit of breakage. I want to do a protein treatment but I prefer to do those when I shampoo. My next wash day is a co-wash so I'll have to wait until next Monday. Well that is it for now. Peace & Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment