Sunday, August 23, 2009

Quick and sweet....Or maybe not

Well I've been called in to work today. I'll be leaving in a little under an hour. So I'll try to make this quick.

First off I finally made it to Whole Foods. I've wanted to go for years but never got the chance until now. I only got a couple of things but I'll definitely be going back.
So this is what I got:
Photobucket
Burt Bees' Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment
Vegitable Glycerin (Humectant)
Orderless Garlic Supplements (For Shedding)
Nature's Way Organic Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Sealant)

The only thing I haven't used yet is the hair treatment. Everything else I've used. I'm still in love with my coconut oil. I use the old jar I have left on my skin now. The glycerin seems to be doing well. It will probably take a month for me to see the results of the garlic supplements though.

Yesterday was eventful for my hair I guess one could say. I had a 24hr no manipulation challenge. I just wanted to see if I could go a day without combing or brushing my hair. Which I did. I actually didn't even comb my hair until after I had moisturized and sealed it. Which was around 4 in the morning. I also did my first baggy last night. I must say my ends do look a lot less crazy. Though I think I could have used a lot less product. I ended up using a mixture of my Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Leave-In mixed with Glycerin and Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Leave-In. Then after that I sealed with my Coconut Oil. Next time I think I'll go without the Garnier Fructis Leave-In.

I felt around in the back of my head and it feels like I've got at least an inch of new growth in the back. So that is pretty good. The last two days I've had the urge to just chop my hair off. I don't know why. I'm just so over the two texture thing that's going on I guess. I'm just ready to take care of my natural hair. I'm over the relaxed hair. I plan on transitioning until April or May. The way I'm feeling I just don't even know if I can last that long. This hair journey in some way does feel like a spiritual growth. I feel like I'm truly coming into my own. I've gone through so much crap in my life. Especially the last 5 years. It's like me cutting my hair off will be a symbol of me letting all the hurt, pain, regret, doubts, insecurities, and negativity that has ran my life up to now go. I feel so ready when I just think about how much something that seems so simple will likely affect my life in a MAJOR way. It's a truly beautiful thing.Peace & Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment